View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 07:24 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalehosePlanet View Post
A successful year would have been had any of the dozen+ young players they brought up from the farm shown that they are actual MLB caliber players. Other than Rizzo there was not one silver lining among the clouds. Brett Jackson looked absolutely clueless --- his lack of pitch recognition skills rivals Brent Lillibridge --- Vitters is looking more like a straight up bust every day, and the young pitchers? They'll be lucky if any of the kids they ran out there are still w/the team come 2014.

Speaking of 2014, my guess is that Starlin Castro will be moved to 3B by then. You can't have an error machine at the most important defensive position on the field.

Also, Soler, Almora, and the 2nd pick guarantees absolutely nothing.
Brett Jackson and Vitters are not from the Theo era. I am just talking about what Theo and co. have done since they got here. This year was year one of the rebuilding project. I don't really see what else he could have done.

Obviously a year where you lose 100 games is not successful, but considering it's a tear down, I think they did the best they could do. Got a couple of young promising players in Almora and Soler, got a real prospect back for a one year signing in Paul Maholm and shed 50 million off the 2013 payroll.

If his sales pitch of Soriano last week actually gets anyone to bite in the offseason, I don't see how this couldn't be viewed as a successful start to the rebuilding process.

Only thing that went wrong was the Dempster trade.