View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 06:06 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkjt View Post
If the Sox collapse was biblical,then Texas was even worse. They led their division by a healthy margin for the whole season,have back to back World Series talent augmented by a 150 million investment in a hot shot starter from Japan,and a payroll north of 150 million,and they lost 11 of their last 15 to make a quick exit from the proceedings.

Point is, collapse's like the Sox are fairly common. Last year it was the Braves and Red Sox.

I am glad that Robin and staff are back. Like any manager and staff,they made some mistakes,but overall, they did a great job squeezing everything out of their talent.

As for Russ's criticism's of the bullpen and rotation....sounds like Ozzie-mancrush sour grapes to me.
Between injuries to the vet pen guys,and a bunch of rookies in new territory at the end of the season, Coop and Robin had to go piecemeal...same with the rotation. When you are forced to roll the dice,you do not always win....nature of the beast.
Nothing to do with Ozzie, that stuff has passed. Its obvious that some of the rapid-fire pitching moves and leaning too hard on Coop were rookie mistakes. I'm hopeful that Robin will get it more right than wrong next year.