View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 12:52 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendu View Post
I think a lot of has to do with the couple stories of suites between the UD and the lower level. Most of the other newer stadiums I've been to, you don't feel as far removed from the lower deck because there's another regular deck in between. Also, the enclosed UD concourse at the Cell kinda sucks.

PatK is spot on. When New Comiskey was built, the Skydome was all the rage. It's what people wanted at the time. Who knew that style would become dated within a few years.
I'm pretty sure that Camden Yards has two levels of suites and a club level in between the lower and upper decks. Maybe the difference there is that the club level at USCF sticks out from the structure of the park, whereas at places like Camden Yards it's built in together; the suites are behind it recessed into the structure, as opposed to the other way around at USCF.

In terms of measuring height and pitch of the UD, I would doubt that USCF is any worse than any of the other new stadiums, especially the handful of stadiums with retractable roofs.
11: 0-1.
12: 2-1.
14: 2-3.