View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 01:24 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSpivack View Post
I think it's more psychology and perception than the actual pitch of the deck. Not having a roof until the 2003 renovation I think gave off the perception that it was much steeper than it actually is, as you look up when you're walking and see sky. I would doubt that the pitch is any steeper than the UDs in Seattle, Arizona, Milwaukee, Houston, Toronto, Miami or Oakland. I think a lot perception, besides the psychology involved in walking up the stairs in the UD, is based on the unfairly poor reputation and stereotyping of USCF in general among the local and national media.
I think a lot of has to do with the couple stories of suites between the UD and the lower level. Most of the other newer stadiums I've been to, you don't feel as far removed from the lower deck because there's another regular deck in between. Also, the enclosed UD concourse at the Cell kinda sucks.

PatK is spot on. When New Comiskey was built, the Skydome was all the rage. It's what people wanted at the time. Who knew that style would become dated within a few years.