View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 06:37 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by BainesHOF View Post
We should exercise the option on Floyd and let everyone else walk. None of those guys is going to be worth the money they receive. A.J. was great for us, but I wouldn't be surprised to see our pitching improve with him gone. His attitude isn't conducive to working well with pitchers and his pitch-calling seems to be getting worse with age for some reason. Peavy had a really good season, and I'm guessing he's going to have an even better year in 2013, but I don't trust his health enough to give him big money. Youkilis looks like his gas tank is nearing empty.
I'm not sure Flowers is currently - or even ever will be - a capable full-time catcher. He strikes out way too much, and his defense leaves something to be desired. The only thing he has on A.J. is a slightly better arm. I wouldn't be opposed to bringing A.J. back.

Same thing with Youk - he's not the ideal choice, but we have absolutely no one else of worth at 3rd in the minors. Morel is the only option, and I really don't think we can afford two young, great-defense-but-no-offense players in the infield when our major downfall this season was lack of offense.

Peavy, I'm on the fence. I'd like to see him back, but he'll likely get a big deal from a pitching-starved team (Yankees?) and the Sox won't be able to match.

Last Game: N/A
Next Game: TBD
Nacho Helmet Count: 0

- 2011 WSI H2H2 Keeper League Runner-up (Relatively Decent)

Frank Thomas, Hall of Famer. I love the sound of that.