View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 10:54 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tebman View Post
Tito Landrum!

My wife, my mother, and I were at that game with standing-room tickets and watched the whole game from the scoreboard ramp. We watched Britt Burns pitch the game of his life, then felt the cold pall that fell over the ballpark in the tenth inning. That memory haunts me still.

Looking at this year I see signs of hope in promising young pitchers, stronger defense up the middle, and a more purposeful coaching staff. Of course I'm unhappy that the air came out of the balloon these last few weeks, but I feel better knowing that Rick Hahn will be making personnel decisions this winter. I don't know...maybe that's naive optimism. But that's baseball. There's always next season, and that's good.
While I'm depressed that they failed to win the division, I never really thought they had a chance at the title, I just wanted them to get to the dance and I would have happy with that. 1983 and 1993, OTOH, were real chances at a title. I felt the same way about the 2004 team before Maggs & Frank went down with injuries.
11: 0-1.
12: 2-1.
14: 2-3.