View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 07:53 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by cub killer View Post
lol. Go New York Yankees! Win another division title tonight!

I just find it irresponsible of MLB to wait 16 years until they would address game 163's effect on seeding. I've looked for contingency plans in seasons past, but found nothing. Then finally today, Ken Rosenthal said 163 would count towards it. Then hours later, he switched and said it wouldn't.

It's ridiculous, IMO, that they never made the info public. Bloggers were scrambling left and right trying to find out what the rules were. And I don't like the fact that game 163 counts as a regular season game in all aspects, except for seeding. Then why bother including it in reg season records, they might as well make it a playoff game.
That is all looking like a moot point this year, as Robinson Cano has hit 2 2-run HRs and the Yankees smacked Daisuke in his final start in a Red Sox uniform. NYY leads 7-1.

Baltimore is trailing the Rays 3-0 in St. Pete. It looks like the only question there is where the O's will be playing the Wild Card game. If they win, they will host the Rangers. If they lose, they will travel to Texas.
11: 0-1.
12: 2-1.
14: 2-3.