View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 04:33 PM
WSI Guru

One other point about the apparent disagreement over average ticket prices.

I'm not saying this is an absolute because it's possible it simply fell through the cracks, I want to be very clear on this. I'm simply passing this along.

Since I was invited to participate in the NPR station story, Brooks and I have exchanged a number of e-mails, some very involved.

I'm always blown away by the professionalism Brooks shows to me and by proxy, White Sox Interactive. He doesn't have to do any of this, he can just say, "what do they know?" but he doesn't. The e-mails contained generally an overview of things, how the problem is looked at, what the possible causes are.

I mentioned to him specifically the dynamic pricing concept and that the Sox tickets are the 4th highest on average in baseball are part of the issue.

Brooks never told me after this that those figures were wrong. I'd think that given it appears to be a major reason why Sox fans are staying away that Brooks would have at least mentioned, 'by the way, those numbers are wrong...' something like that.

Again I'm not saying because he didn't, those figures are correct, it simply might have been missed but I think it was worth putting this out there for discussion.

Lip