View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 02:09 PM
WSI Village Atheist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lip Man 1 View Post
I have no idea where you got your info. I only know the last time I saw the figures in the paper they had the 4th highest price on average.
From a web site called fancostexperience.com. The penultimate column on the right is entitled FCI, the Fan Cost Index. Besides the four tickets, it includes the cost of 4 soft drinks, 2 beers, 4 hot dogs, two programs, parking, and two adult caps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lip Man 1 View Post
I do know the NPR story (and you can listen to it) had the reporter quoting the latest figures as saying that for a family of four to go to a Sox game it costs "over 200 dollars" (direct quote) I also know the Sox were charging 48 dollars a ticket for bleacher seats for the Yankee series in late August.
The $200+ cost is correct for the FCI listed above. The Sox are above the MLB average but not #4.

Unfortunately, the methodology for determining the average cost per ticket is not listed. I would think with dynamic pricing, and the way the Sox used to do it with ticket prices going up rather than down, an accurate number might be a bit more difficult than one might think at first glance.

March 31 W
April 10 W
April 26 L
May 10 L
May 28 W
June 1 W
June 14 L
July 4 W
July 18 W
August 30 (2) L
September 14 L
September 27 W