View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 12:35 PM
WSI's 2010 PTC Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lip Man 1 View Post
Johnny:

I said the numbers look good overall. I don't know what more you want out of me?

Don't worry about it. I've got some time I'll look it up this morning.

I'm not the one by the way who said it was "mediocre" you are thinking of someone else (Pale?)

I'm saying (and did in my post) that I was shocked when I did the math, I thought it would be better based on 19 winning seasons...that said you can't dispute that the number of wins averages out to just a tick close to 82 a season. 82 wins a season doesn't often get you to the post season which is what really counts. (or at least counts for a lot.)

Lip
I think the more relevant question is what more do you want out of the Sox?

Yes, while "82 wins a season doesn't often get you to the post season" (and is that what really counts, or is it, as you've said elsewhere, a winning record?), the fact remains that is more wins per season than all but three teams in the AL have had during the time of current Sox ownership.

To be clear, I think everybody would agree that "something" is missing from the team. Exactly what, I don't know.

But when I see what is undoubtedly a current problem blown up to a 32-year one, as I inferred you were doing with your 32-year records, then, yes, my teeth get set on edge.