View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 08:09 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by palehozenychicty View Post
This is what some people don't seem to get. Nobody's going when the team wins 86 games, which is why the management keeps building a team with that level of TALENT.

They're not going to make a serious effort to add talent for a 10-15 game improvement. Right now, they are as flat a franchise as you can find in the game.
It's the "we play to win this season" mentality that has existed for the better part of KW's tenure. Some folks like this approach. I'm not a fan. It does not lead to sustained success. It does not instill any type of hope or optimism. Seeing as how the Sox very rarely sign an impact FA what excitement is the club generating about its own product? Sure, they can conceivably go for it every season and think fans will buy into that line of thinking but the results are showing us people aren't doing that. Add in the September failures of this team, which isn't going unnoticed by casual fans by the way, and there just isn't much hope or optimism when it comes to White Sox baseball.

In all honesty, I don't think anything is really going to change until this current ownership group decides to sell the team. Until that happens, it's going to be more of the same year in and year out. They had a chance to really make a difference in this town after 05 and they blew it. I know they added Thome after that season and then blew it again in September, but it seems like since then they've been ok just being average and trying to make a move here and there that just might get them back in the playoffs.