View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 05:56 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nellie_Fox View Post
I'm not at all confident that it will change until "the shrine" is gone. The Dodgers certainly weren't selling their ballpark.
No- the Dodgers were selling one of the most sucessful franchises in MLB history with 10 World Series appearances since moving to LA + being the team of the celebrities/Hollywood set and a ballpark (Dodger Stadium) that was universally perceived as one of the best in MLB.

The Angels? Nothing to really sell- non descript ballpark, an expansion team from the early 60's with one post season appearance and zero World Series (at the time the Angels started to make their move).

Screw the shrine and the defeatist mentality about taking on one of the losingest franshises in all of major team sports.

There is ALOT of work to be done- but it CAN be done- but as long as JR and his management team are willing to cave to that mentality they don't stand a chance.

Nothing personal- but the White Sox have allowed the Cubs/Wrigley Field "aura" to take on a life of it's own for 30+ years while all but rolling over and giving into it + various self inflicted wounds (i.e. Sportsvision, letting Harry Caray go, building a horrible, sterile park with no connection to their history (pre-renovations), not understanding or catering to the core fan base, ignoring the importance of the neighborhood around the park, etc.)
2005-2013 Record: 49-38
MLB Parks Visited: 24, MiLB Parks Visited: 11
"When I heard the National Anthem it hit me," Jose Abreu said through White Sox spokesperson Lou Hernandez. "I love the Anthem. When I learn English Iím going to sing it."