View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 01:20 PM
WSI High Priest

I may just need a break from my White Sox obsession after 2009-2012- 4 seasons of almost complete frustration and disappointment- but I think 2013 COULD be the season when all of the sins of the Kenny Williams era come home to roost.

The sin of a poorly developed minor league system- with very few (if any?) position players or pitchers who can have an impact on the major league level- combined with....

The sin of high priced veterans exiting the team (Peavy, AJ, Youkilis) along with what may be one of the worst FA signings in team history- Adam Dunn eating up $14M in payroll-

Leaving a .525 winning pct team downgraded at 3rd base and catcher- and a rotation of Danks/Sale/Quintana/?/?

Add to that- Red Line construction, overall apathy of the fan base, and problems in marketing, ticket pricing, TV/radio booths- it's hard to picture anything that will really turn around this team unless the owner goes big in free agency- which is hard to picture based on their history and 2012 attendance.

This years record (.525 winning pct) would have put us 10 GB last year and 9 GB in 2010- and with Martinez back for Detroit- it's hard to picture them struggling like this year.
2005-2013 Record: 49-38
MLB Parks Visited: 24, MiLB Parks Visited: 11
"When I heard the National Anthem it hit me," Jose Abreu said through White Sox spokesperson Lou Hernandez. "I love the Anthem. When I learn English Iím going to sing it."