View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 09:49 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by white sox bill View Post
Maybe MLB will allow us to retro some of the 11 runs we scored last night to last week....
I like that plan, Bill.

Seriously, as the Sox faced elimination last night, it finally hit me. Yes, after spending much time in denial, I finally had no choice but to accept the reality of the situation. This morning, I kept thinking: I've been here before; I've felt this pain and disappointment before. Yes, losing sucks and it will take me some time to get over the heartbreaking way that the 2012 Sox season ended. I kept rooting and hoping things would turn out differently for our Sox but they did not. All the bargaining in the world did not help; the Sox play over the last two weeks was beyond awful.

Having said all that, this 2012 Sox season was not a complete and total waste for me. Much to the contrary, actually, I had a wonderful summer and enjoyed watching White Sox baseball. And it was great to have Robin back in a Sox uniform. Thanks to WSI, I met some terrific Sox fans this year; we attended games together and had fun. I watched games with my dad, who is a huge Sox fan, and we even spent some time in a game thread together (something he was curious about). I had meaningful conversation about the Sox here on WSI and elsewhere.

Of course, I wish the outcome had been different and the Sox had made it to the playoffs, but I am one that enjoys the journey. It was a fun season minus the ending. I'll be keeping a close eye on the Sox and their dealings over the long winter that lies ahead and I'll be counting down the days until the Sox Opening Day in April 2013.
October26 - Twenty-SEVEN years ago, I married my husband on October 26. Since that day, we have been blessed with a wonderful family. Then, on October 26, 2005, when the baseball gods bestowed their good fortunes upon us, we saw the White Sox win the World Series. An incredibly talented team of grinders made every Sox fan's dream come true. My family and I celebrated with reckless abandon. And now, we look forward to that day when our White Sox will once again be World Series Champions!