View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 10:59 PM
MMXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoochile View Post
I know people disagree with me, but I'm going to put this out there, one more time. If you argue for total rebuild, give more details. Don't just say, tear it down. What's the plan? 2-years? 5 years? What parts do you want to build around? What parts do you want to acquire and how are you going to acquire them?

Dazzle me. I'm ready to have my mind changed, but I cannot endorse an open ended empty lot of platitudes...
They have no real plan, it's just people being angry and ranting about nonsense. Replacing Rios with Walker or Thompson? This is borderline insanity.

Sox are still, after the full 162-game schedule plays out, going to win mid-80-something games. This is not a team that needs a major rebuild. More than anything else, what this team needs is some key contributors who can spell guys regularly, keep the older guys fresh, and not force Ventura to have to play his everyday lineup 5-6 times per week, as he was for most of the 1st half. This team needs DEPTH at the Major League level.

0-5

LAST GAME: August 4 - Twins 16, Sox 3
NEXT GAME: I don't know, but I'll be sure to warn you when I know