View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 10:43 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tragg View Post
We've got Sale and Danks signed for long term. That gives us a pitching core, which will keep us from being terrible. No use trading Viciedo (if he could just learn the strike zone), or Beckham (low value right now). The rest, we could trade.
I agree with that. The pitching, even in a rebuilding year, will be solid. Also, the drop off from dumping PK and AJ won't be as big as most people realize. Despite PK's great start, he's had a very pedestrian year. Flowers can match AJ's OBP and hit for power. He's much better defensively and I prefer the way he calls a game. Replacing Rios with one of Walker or Thompson might not be that huge of a drop off. Less hits, more K's, similar power, OBP and steals with excellent defense. I expect Dayan to take a step forward and Ramirez to have a slightly better year. Even in a rebuilding year, the situation isn't dire.

The farm is better than most will admit. There's little depth, but a few potential stars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoota
I'm not counting this homerun or his 3 RBI from today's game because of the game situation. I'm not counting his pinch hit solo homerun in a blowout win in Colorado. In my book, Crede has 2 less home runs than his statistics show, 4 less RBI, and one less walk (the one where he pinch hit for Uribe after coming in with a 3-0 count and taking one pitch).