View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 09:19 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by SI1020 View Post
What a lousy ending to a promising season, but I'm always happy like a kid when the Sox win. They obviously were really tight as a drum when it really counted.
I've cried over this team more in the last 24 hours than I have for any other Sox team dating back to 1989. Yes, I cried over a baseball team. Cue making fun of ChiSoxGirl. I'm completely heartbroken. I can't even talk about the Sox with my students anymore when they bring them up because it hurts too much.

Scoring 11 runs tonight was like salt in an open wound. It took the Sox FOUR GAMES to score 11 runs prior to tonight. FOUR GAMES!!!! It's mind-boggling, maddening and heartbreaking all at once.

JB98 told me the other night that he thought the Sox would come out of their offensive slump when the pressure was gone. Well, the pressure came off with yesterday's loss and wouldn't you know, the bats came alive tonight.
Robin!

Yaz! Pliers!

"Robin Ventura has one thing Ozzie does not have -- CLASS!" ~My dad, in response to seeing the Sox commercials that featured Robin, 03.08.12