View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 07:00 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by WLL1855 View Post
Forgive me for snipping your post but it had to be done.

I honestly think making Flowers the everyday catcher will be Brian Anderson 2.0. If you can live with that, then you're a better person than I am. Personally, I hope we offer AJ a respectable deal (2 yrs - no more) that both sides can live with and he takes it.

PK is a 10 and 5 guy and there aren't many teams he's going to want to move on to. I'd be willing to bet money he retires a White Sox player.

There might be someone out there willing to take Rios but the return isn't going to be much either unless we eat a lot of his contract.

You've got some crazy ideas; I'll give you that. It looks like painful team to watch play.
1. There's no point in hanging on to AJ. He's bad defensively and I'm talking about a major overhaul of the roster. You might as well see what you have with Flowers. .240/20/70/.330 isn't out of the question and he's a good defender.
2. PK is a 10/5 guy. If he has no desire to move to a contender, it says a lot about him IMO.
3. Rios' contract really isn't bad if he produces to his career averages. I'm sure teams will be willing to eat his salary if he's producing like he did this year. He was a true 5 tool player. They're still rare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoota
I'm not counting this homerun or his 3 RBI from today's game because of the game situation. I'm not counting his pinch hit solo homerun in a blowout win in Colorado. In my book, Crede has 2 less home runs than his statistics show, 4 less RBI, and one less walk (the one where he pinch hit for Uribe after coming in with a 3-0 count and taking one pitch).