View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 06:25 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by WLL1855 View Post
Forgive me for snipping your post but it had to be done.

I honestly think making Flowers the everyday catcher will be Brian Anderson 2.0. If you can live with that, then you're a better person than I am. Personally, I hope we offer AJ a respectable deal (2 yrs - no more) that both sides can live with and he takes it.
Relative to the position, he won't be. There aren't many good hitting catchers. He has some power.

I think this team proved that they cant' win more than 85 games - so if we re-sign everyone it's 85 games. But we won't re-sign everyone, so that leaves us at .500ish. Sounds like a good time to tear down some. If we still had Escobar, we could trade Alexei perhaps. If Mitchell were ready, which he isn't, we could trade Rios (tradeable with 1 year left). Probably will trade Floyd and go with Danks and Sale and 3 5th-starters. Viciedo needs major work on the strike zone. No use messing with Beckham - he won't bring anything in trade and he did have a better last 6 weeks. I'd also trade anyone in the pen except for Reed, although we'd probably get more by waiting until next July.