View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 04:10 PM
MMXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSox5187 View Post
If you only have two starting pitchers worth a damn you're in trouble. The rotation next year is VERY iffy. You have Sale, Quintana (who might be good but also posted a 5.01 ERA with a 1.6 WHIP in September), Danks - who is coming off of an injury and did not look good when he was healthy, and a maddeningly inconsistent Floyd. Are you going to say that this team couldn't use another young starter? There is no team in baseball that COULDN'T use one.
No. ****ing. ****. I didn't post that the Sox have Sale and Quintana, so we're good with the rotation guys, I'm sure they can each handle 81 starts next year. What I posted was that the Sox's biggest area of need for young, impact players is in the field. With Sale and Quintana that arguably gives the Sox one of the best young 1-2 punch in baseball right now (though, admittedly, most of that rests on Sale who pitched like a legitimate Cy Young candidate for most of the year). There is absolutely nothing of value in the field right now, other than Dayan's in the couple of weeks a year he gets hot and Gordon so long as you don't watch him bat. That's where the Sox need young players.

0-5

LAST GAME: August 4 - Twins 16, Sox 3
NEXT GAME: I don't know, but I'll be sure to warn you when I know