View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 04:43 PM
MMXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Procol Harum View Post
That said, I'm thinking there need to be some major moves on the South Side--I'd be more than happy if the Sox ate a few million of that $15 million price tag if it meant some good prospects, particularly for the bullpen. At $10-11 million you might be able to find another GM that might be willing to accept an offer.
Not that I approve, at all, of moving Dunn, but I really don't think the Sox are in any need of prospects for the bullpen; Veal, Jones, Reed, and to a lesser extent, Omogrosso and Santiago have shown signs of being dependable relief pitchers. Not to mention, I don't know what team goes out and trades one it's most productive bats for bullpen pitchers; the Sox seem to have an OK stable of young starters in Sale and Quintana, what we're lacking is young, impact position players. You've got Viciedo who is kind of a mixed bag, De Aza who will probably be dependable for another year or so, Beckham who is all glove and no bat and then a bunch of scraps. If you're going to move Dunn, I'd at least they'd hope to get someone who may be able to replace some of his production in the lineup.