View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 01:39 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB98 View Post
Well, it depends on how those players are replaced. I remember I had an absolute meltdown when Carlos Lee was traded after the 2004 season. I thought, "No way they can replace the production of both Lee AND Ordonez."

I don't know that they replaced the production, per se, but they changed the mix and they won with it. Right now, I'm thinking they need to change the mix. That's an easy thing for me to post on a message board and a hard thing for a GM to do, of course. Geez, Youk is likely gonna walk, and what do you do at 3B? We have nothing in the organization, and the best available 3B in free agency is, well, none other than Youk. Tough situation there.

I think you have to explore trading Dunn, because if his 40 HRs has value to the Sox, then maybe it will have value to somebody else too. And maybe you change the makeup of the team and can get the salary relief you need to fix the holes in the roster. But maybe NoNeck is right and Dunn has no value to other GMs. I'm not sure.

We're all talking out our asses here, and it will be interesting to see what the Sox actually do.
With Dunn owed 15 million for both '13 and '14, I wouldn't imagine anyone would bite on that one.