View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 02:02 PM
MMXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahagga73 View Post
yeah, but they blew it.They played horribly in September, you know , like when it counts. I don't care what their record was against anybody. They play virtually the same schedule and the Sox had the lead all year and blew up once again at the end. When you and your other buddie JB98 on this thread see Detroit in the playoffs in a week or so it may finally dawn on you, yeah they choked. But you two keep touting your , "but we were in contention" loser mentality if that's what you want to do to make you think this season was a success. Your argument makes zero sense, you can twist records against all you want ,but the bottomline is, no Sox in Playoffs once again.
Are you not literate? Please point to where either me or my buddie [sic] are arguing the Sox didn't choke. We're only arguing what the reasons behind that choke was and how the team can move forward in the future. Saying "oh well, bla bla bla, I knew the Sox were doomed when they lost 2 of 3 to Houston because HOW COULD A TEAM BE EXPECTED TO MAKE THE PLAY-OFFS WHEN THEY LOSE GAMES TO BAD TEAMS????" is pure and UTTER bull**** because AGAIN - THE SOX PLAYED BAD TEAMS BETTER THAN THE TIGERS DID THIS YEAR. That's the only argument. The Sox's problem wasn't that they didn't have "killer instinct" or "Chicago tough man balls" or "adult diapers to prevent pants pissing and/or bed crapping." The problem was they just weren't good enough in many aspects of the game. The hitters slumped. The pitchers wore out. The manager made some pretty whacky decisions these last couple of weeks." Blame it on **** that actually happened, not made up fairytale nonsense that doesn't mesh with this thing that I like to call "reality" (for more reading, click here) just so you can go back and link to some post from 3 months ago and declare yourself the Prophet of Pants Pissing. A) Nobody cares and B) even fewer people care when your arguments are D-E-D wrong.