View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 10:42 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB98 View Post
Congratulations on predicting failure for the Sox. Would you like a cookie? It can be arranged, if you like.

The fact of the matter is losing home series against the Cubs, Astros and Royals was NOT an indicator that the Sox weren't going to win the division. You know what? Detroit has lost a home series against "bodybags" like the Indians and the Twins within the last month. Hell, just last Sunday the Tigers got swept AT HOME in a doubleheader by Minnesota. They are still going to win the division despite sucking against inferior teams. They actually have THE SAME NUMBER of losses against KC, MIN and CLE as the Sox.

I didn't see anybody here predicting World Series grandeur. But people who hoped and expected to win the division were hardly out of line. Shame on you for coming on here and saying "I told you so" at a time where most Sox fans are really down after what has happened over the last two weeks.
That's great Detroit has lost to bodybags too...unfortunately they've balanced it out by kicking the Sox's butt. I also recall numerous posts on how it didn't matter that the Sox got swept in back to back trips to Detroit...cause they'd win the other games...or they'd "get the Tigers at home"....yep that worked out real well too.

I'm down too...have been down for some time. I just wasn't blinded by homerism for so long like many here.

And yes, despite your denials, their losses to weaker teams are a huge indicator. They thought they could just show up and win, even against Cleveland this week. A hard lesson learned for all.