View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 07:15 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lip Man 1 View Post
Wedema:

I'm sorry I can't agree with your comment. Fan loyalty isn't based on the number of times seeing a game in person. Else how do you explain Sox TV ratings up 10% this year over last season.

There is simply, in my opinion, a FUNDAMENTAL DISCONNECT between the Sox marketing / ticket plan(s) and the fan base.

Not saying the Sox method is wrong, they obviously think it's the right thing to do and it very well may be, but the fans don't and that crucial.

There's also no one reason why things are heading south...it's all connected...the team's second half fades since 2003, the economy, ticket prices overall, the dynamic pricing idea...it all plays a part.

Lip
Being at the ballpark almost daily you see the disconnect even more. Today there were a lot of upset fans because there was no autograph signing before the game as there has been anually before the last game of the year. One girl told me that she bought her tickets on Thursday at the box office and asked the ticket rep if there would be a signing and he told her "Weather permitting".