View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 04:25 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKlu59 View Post
Not just glaring.... Some a bats have looked absolutely futile and pathetic in crunch situations... When they do get a pitcher in any kind of jam, they dont even make the guy work to get out of it... How many times have we seen when a guy has lost the plate after a walk to Dunn, Paulie comes up hacking at the first pitch? Dude, you have atleast a 4 pitch Muligan in that situation.. It just seems all of their hitting sense evaporated in the second half.. Agree with an earlier post of the lack of doubles output. Whats that all about?..Everbody trying to crush the ball to Omaha?
BK59
Quote:
Originally Posted by LITTLE NELL View Post
I agree but what the hell are the manager and coaches doing about it, don't they say anything to these guys about working the count or trying to hit the ball to the opposite field. This same crap has been going on since 2006.
Yes both of you guys have it right. I'd like to add that this is possibly the rottonest I've ever felt at the end of a season. Yeah I know, nobody expected them to be in it in September and all that. Well they were in it, had so many chances to put it away and then to die quietly like this. Just a rotten feeling.