View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 07:37 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSox5187 View Post
This organization hasn't been able to take that sort of objective look at the team in a long time, I don't think that they will start now. Maybe Hahn will be different, but I suspect Kenny is still going to have a say and I just don't see that approach changing.
Not to knock Ventura, because a change was needed. But simply changing the manager didn't get the current roster to produce enough to win the division. The roster needs significant improvement. KW did it once before - before the 2005 season. I don't know that KW/Hahn can turn over this roster into a 99-win world champion, but they certainly need to try.
The universe is the practical joke of the General at the expense of the Particular, quoth Frater Perdurabo, and laughed. The disciples nearest him wept, seeing the Universal Sorrow. Others laughed, seeing the Universal Joke. Others wept. Others laughed. Others wept because they couldn't see the Joke, and others laughed lest they should be thought not to see the Joke. But though FRATER laughed openly, he wept secretly; and really he neither laughed nor wept. Nor did he mean what he said.