View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 05:38 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB98 View Post
I agree. I think some lesser players have been overexposed here in September, especially pitchers.

I've made several posts about the Sox doing things out of character this month. Our manager is guilty of putting guys in unfamiliar situations. Asking Youkilis to bunt against Detroit is one example. Starting Santiago in last night's game is another. Pitchers who spent the majority of the season in Charlotte have been asked to get critical outs. I wouldn't go to that well too often.

From my perspective, Ventura has managed differently in September than he did from April-August. His methods the first five months of the season were working. The expanded roster has caused him to change some strategies, and that has worked against the Sox more often than not.
I rarely pick up the paper or listen to the post-game interviews but has anyone in the media asked either Ventura or Cooper about their over-reliance on AAA call-ups during the home stretch? It's gotten to the point where it's just...bizarre. I can't figure out if it's Ventura's inexperience showing or if Cooper is calling the shots and over-thinking things. Maybe it's a little of both.