View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 12:29 AM
WSI Prelate

I was at the game. The crowd pretty much knew it was over when the Indians first tied it at 3. people were there to get drunk - not rowdy and loud drunk, more like drowning sorrows drunk - and think about what could have been. The crowd wasn't loud because there wasn't a ton to be loud about, but I moved all around the lower deck and came across lots of people with good insights into everything that the team was doing wrong.

I guess that was "fun."

Anyway, dead team. I do not blame anyone for not throwing the cash down to go out when the team is 1-7 in its last 8 and plays like it has this month. Robin is managing like he has no experience at all (wait, he doesn't?) and the Sox are playing like the team the prognosticators we all love predicted them to be before the season.

Oh, and where are all Detroit's September callup relievers? Coming in during high leverage situations? I missed them if they did.

It's not over, because 1 game with 7 left is nothing, but do any of you see anything with this team that gives you hope other than that 1 being such a low number?

Really, the game was lost when they couldn't put more than 3 on the board when Masterson wanted to hand them the game in the first. From that point on, it was just waiting for the inevitable - which dragged out way too damn long.

By the end, there were me and maybe 4,000 others left. A sad evening.

(1) "You have no valid opinion because you never played the game."
(2) "Stats are irrelevant. This guy just doesn't know how to win."