View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 12:16 AM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SephClone89 View Post
I read this post before looking at the username, but after reading this sentiment I just knew it had to be you. ...
Sunday is with very few exceptions a getaway day for at least one team in every game. Sunday afternoon baseball is more accessible than Sunday night, on television and in person, to many more people than Sunday night baseball, particularly for younger fans. All the industry stuff I have read indicates that fans have never really treated Sunday night baseball like the event ESPN invented it to be.

I hate it when my team plays on Sunday nights. If I still lived in the Chicago area and had a Sunday ticket plan as I did in the 1970s, it would upset me if one of my games was moved to Sunday night. I probably watch more non-White Sox baseball than most people here, but the only time I ever watch regular-season Sunday night baseball is when the White Sox are playing. Early in the season and when you get into September or October (or San Francisco) it seems ridiculous to play Sunday night baseball when the weather is so much better during the day.

If Sunday night baseball just ignored the White Sox, I could ignore it and wouldn't have a problem with it.