View Single Post
Old 09-01-2012, 12:00 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian26 View Post
Watched the game like it was a heavyweight fight until the 7th when Young cleared the bases with the triple, at which point I then just fastforwarded through to the end. I knew that was the game winner.

I'm annoyed at AJ and Peavy. It's excruciating to watch these guys try to work with each other. I love both of them as Sox players, but they act like tools to each other to the point where it's uncomfortable. Peavy's shaking AJ signs off all night. AJ's flinging the ball back to Peavy with attitude every time there's a 2-0 count. Peavy can't see AJ's signs, so AJ's being a dick and pulling his fingers up really high in an animated way. They can't hook up on anything. AJ's making faces into the dugout, Peavy's barking at him. It's miracle AJ made it into the 7th. Hopefully Flowers is back and can work Peavy's remaining regular season games, because the AJ/Peavy battery is brutal. Peavy seems like he has a mental roadblock when AJ's behind the plate.
Interesting observations. If that's the case, how can Ventura keep trotting out AJ behind the plate when Peavy is starting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian26 View Post
Leadoff walks killed us, as did Wise playing too shallow in centerfield. Hawk and Stone harped on it all night, but it's comical that the Sox couldn't lay down more than one bunt to third base all night when Cabrera was limping around and could hardly get out of the batter's box. I'm surprised Alexei didn't try to bunt AJ home on a safety squeeze with one out in the 7th.
I was harping on that all night in the game thread. Sorry for those who had to hear me yapping like a madman.

DrCrawdad
"In time you can turn these obsessions into careers...Hurry Down Doomsday the bugs are taking over." - Elvis Costello