View Single Post
Old 08-18-2012, 12:01 PM
WSI Prelate

I want automated ball and strike calls. I detest double standards.

At a minimum, I want computers to determine if the pitch is over the plate. I understand that high and low may be a judgment call because different players have different stances and heights, and even the way their uniform fits. But the ball is either over the plate or it is not.

Or would someone like to explain why baseball is better when an egotistical prick like Joe West unnecessarily inserts himself into the game, or exacts revenge for the heinous crime of having the unrepentant gall to question his flawed, biased judgment, by giving one team's pitcher a strike that is even an inch off the plate, while squeezing the less-favored opposing pitcher?

Because if you favor "the human element," you necessarily and by definition prefer a system in which Joe West can do and does just that.
The universe is the practical joke of the General at the expense of the Particular, quoth Frater Perdurabo, and laughed. The disciples nearest him wept, seeing the Universal Sorrow. Others laughed, seeing the Universal Joke. Others wept. Others laughed. Others wept because they couldn't see the Joke, and others laughed lest they should be thought not to see the Joke. But though FRATER laughed openly, he wept secretly; and really he neither laughed nor wept. Nor did he mean what he said.