Thread: Injury News
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2012, 11:23 AM
WSI Guru

Frater:

Briefly...the Sox scored four runs and had the lead late in game #1. That was more than enough to win the game. Win that game and you potentially change the entire series.

Schueler didn't get pitching which was badly needed...which forced the rest of the pitchers into heavier loads...which resulted in guys breaking down (Sirotka and Parque) in September to go along with guys like Baldwin and Eldred who were already hurt and / or missed time.

The bullpen guys also got extended and hurt (Wunsch, Howry, Simas).

The Sox had if memory is correct a half dozen pitchers go under the knife when all was said and done.

Sirotka, Parque, Simas and Wunsch were never the same again or didn't pitch anymore after it.

And that wasn't Williams by the way that was Schueler.

At the time of the trade deadline Eldred was already out with the elbow and Baldwin was starting to have issues. In fact Baldwin would miss a month of the second half of that year and was pitching on guts the rest of the time when he did return.

I do not want to see the Sox in the same situation again if it can be helped remember Peavy probably isn't returning next year and Floyd can be a free agent if the Sox don't invoke the option (again if I remember correctly...)

Delbin:

My correct was based on how long he'd probably be out...not on what type of DL he's placed on.

Lip

Last edited by Lip Man 1; 07-17-2012 at 12:04 PM.