View Single Post
Old 02-03-2012, 11:01 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by cws05champ View Post
I saw one mock draft with the Sox picking High School OF David Dahl..... It's very early still, but I really hope they go with a good high upside guy and not **** this one up.
Every year I get excited about many high school prospects as 1st round picks to no avail. All signs seem to indicate it's JR that is most averse to anything other than college players.

I'm sure I'll start to get intrigued at high school arms/bats that could be available at 13, but let's keep in mind that the White Sox haven't used their 1st round pick on a prep player since 2001 with Kris Honel. They didn't even draft a high schooler until the 33rd round last year. Maybe the new CBA changes things with the Sox? Who knows? I'm not counting on it though.

Myself, I'm interested in players like Walker Weickel, Stryker Trahan, Max Fried, Lance McCullers, Matt Smoral, and Trey Williams from the high school ranks so far.

The safe bet for a White Sox selection are players like Brian Johnson, Victor Roache, Jake Barret, Marcus Stroman, and Michael Wacha. I really like Gausman and Chris Beck, but I don't think they will be around long enough.