View Single Post
Old 02-05-2011, 07:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soxman24 View Post
They have had the opportunities to do it. Both Kane County and Fort Wayne changed affiliates within the last few years.
Manchester, NH has a AA team - Toronto - and the owner wants Boston badly - but Portand, Maine has worked well.

NYY now has AAA in Scranton ( which strangely has always been NYY not Phillies) and AA Trenton.

I concede that New England is a market where it is easy for Boston to place clubs - but the White Sox should be in the Midwest League and not the South Atlantic. in low A

AA - no easy fit to Chicago - Cleveland has a team in the Eastern League in Ohio but I can't see the league going west of that.

AAA? Indianapolis would be the best fit. They can not be thrilled being a Pittsburgh team.

Boston has always used the Sally instead of the Midwest and right now is in Greenville SC. The irony is the park is next to the Joe Jackson Museum which is a White Sox shrine.

Greenville people now love the Red Sox as they are still bitter at how Atlanta pulled the AA team. I was actually stunned by it.