View Single Post
Old 09-22-2010, 01:03 PM
WSI High Priest

I'd be happy with at least the Sox returning to having an affiliate somewhere in the Midwest League. I'm not expecting it to be Kane County, but it would be nice to have a chance to see Sox prospects play nearby (even as the visiting team).

....but, then again, given the state of the Sox farm system, maybe I'm not missing much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeteorsSox4367 View Post
IIRC, didn't the Cougars start out as an Orioles' affiliate? I thought it was O's, Marlins and A's.

Either way, not a bad place to watch a game. I was out there this summer for the first time in a few years and the changes they made were pretty nice.
Yes, they started out as an Orioles affiliate. But that was only for the first couple of years of their existence in the early 90s. Most of their history (18 years) has been with the Marlins and A's.

I don't know as much about players coming through the A's system, but with the Marlins ability to churn out talent, there have been quite a few future big league stars that once played for the Cougars.

A few years ago, the Cougars had signs that displayed the big league players that used to play for them. Miguel Cabrera, Josh Beckett....and Scott Podsednik too.