View Single Post
Old 08-18-2010, 03:06 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Roarman View Post
No, it's because the Twins WERE better. They WON MORE GAMES. They were better at WINNING GAMES. It wasn't because they threw more at the opposing players, it was because more often than not they BEAT the other team AND THROWING AT PLAYERS DOES NOT HELP YOU WIN GAMES. It's counter productive. It's THAT SIMPLE. People want to make it out to be more than that and it's just not. I cannot grasp this view that so many people have that the Sox have to start doing that sort of crap and bam, THAT's the secret, that's the key that they were missing the entire time.

No, it's not. The Twins have MVP caliber players in Mauer and Morneau and had one of the best closers in the game, along with one of the best starters in the game for a while for all those years and a bunch of good complimentary players around them and they tend to play good defense. And I know it's repeated ad nauseum, but they don't beat themselves that much. That's why they win. And they've been able to do that more often than the Sox. It has nothing to do with beaning players.
And you forget that we have much better pitching than they do. Your argument is that they have a better hitting squad, and mine is that we have the better pitching squad. Also, back in the day we had the better hitting squads and would still lose. We have had better teams, and we have continued to lose.

Listen, I advocate winning as the way to do things the right way, but I don't advocate losing and laying down while your doing it. That's all I'm saying, you have to win and lose wanting to embarrass your enemy. That's all, plain and simple. The message the Twins, with their inferior teams, have gotten time after time against us. I have no idea what you're talking about- try justifying the sucky ass teams the Twins have put in year after year prior to this year and how they have continued to take the Division from us.

Why is it, because they are so respectable? Because they are the better team- don't be delusional. They WANT to win, and they continue doing it. That is all, you take the game in your own hands, don't put it into theirs by being cute.

But hey, I'm sure the kid who got bullied was perfectly fine and got very far in his life when he continued letting people walk all over him. That's how the world works, the cowards always win.

EDIT: and quit denying the evidence that is staring you directly in the face in regards to how they have done violent things to us before. Come on man, how many times do you have to see a catcher run over or a played being plunked to understand that they see this the way we SHOULD see it.

it's not who you are underneath, it's what you do that defines you.

http://arsenalist.com/video/?id=xh2dx6

Greatest Arsenal goal I have ever witnessed. Chills to this day watching it.