View Single Post
Old 05-13-2010, 03:45 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by JermaineDye05 View Post
If this season really goes south and we wind up with a top 10 pick again for 2011, I'd really like to see the team target a position player as those appear to be disappearing. I still can't believe we lost Mitchell. I know he can recover but an injury to his legs is huge considering how much of a factor his speed was. The only positive to having another 2007 like season, is if we could find ourselves with a solid infield/outfield prospect, unless a Tim Lincecum/Stephen Strasburg like pitcher falls into our lap.
The 2011 class is going to be very strong. The pitching is stacked. The position prospects are more unclear aside from 3B Anthony Rendon, who is amazing and is very likely to go number 1.

And as far as pitching versus position prospects in the White Sox system, their is a lack of depth everywhere as you you've noticed. The pitching deficiencies are just much more glaring at this point. The only spot with reasonable depth is somewhat the OF. Jordan Danks/Jared Mitchell/Trayce Thompson, but all 3 are still very unproven. (and I don't care for Jordan much at all aside from his D)