View Single Post
Old 05-04-2010, 04:39 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randar68 View Post
Honestly, with so many questions at C, P, corner IF in the organization, I find it hard to believe they will take another OFer unless a guy drops to them unexpectedly that they highly value but didn't think would be there.

I happen to think they'll go P at this time, but who knows? You take the best player at that spot, and it could be an OF'er I suppose. With Danks and Mitchell, I would probably look elsewhere unless I was convinced I could draft a sure-fire all-star corner OF'er there.
As you said, it's wise to take the BPA.

I like Brentz, and middle of the first round is where he will likely be popped. He wouldn't be an overdraft really. He isn't the uber toolsy selection, but he has a decent enough ceiling that I would have no problem with the pick depending on who is still on the board.

I personally would love if Cole or Ranaudo fell to the Sox at 13. Both players stock have dropped a bit, so it's not out of the question. There were inklings they are leaning towards pitching, and this is a pitching heavy class for a system with little pitching. It's questionable if they would pony up for Cole, but I would stop complaining about the ****ty draft spending for a while if they did.