View Single Post
Old 04-07-2010, 12:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randar68 View Post

Huh? I don't think you've followed this closely enough if you think Danks has been moved along for trade value purposes. He played 73 games in AA last year and played well in the AFL and spring training. It's the next step.
I agree with your statement about Danks' performance in AFL. And I like Jordan Danks, as do KW and OG. But, given the makeup of the current OF in Chicago:

Rios looks like a fixture in CF for a few years, for better or for worse.
Quentin looks like the cornerstone upon which KW will build the lineup for years to come. Barring injury, he should be in RF for years to come.
Pierre is aging in LF, and could be replaced at some point. But Jordan Danks won't be a leadoff-type hitter in MLB. Given the lack of a viable successor @ the leadoff spot, my assumption is that LF will be the spot from which the next leadoff hitter will come. [There won't be a leadoff man playing 1B/2B/3B/C for this team; SS is one possibility, however.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randar68 View Post
Also, when Ozzie and Kenny are in love with a guy, they are usually terribly hesitant to trade him. Given they have drafted the kid twice, paid him well, have his brother to keep happy and sign long term in the not to distant future...

well... not saying he will never be traded, but it's extremely unlikely unless they are trying to land a guy of Peavy-like stature.
I think that a lack of a spot for Jordan Danks will necessitate this, unfortunately.