View Single Post
Old 03-10-2010, 03:17 PM
WSI Regular

Rushing the kid and giving him a taste of the bigs in September are two totally different things. The kid was extremely impressive (yes in only 2 games). I by no means think he is going to be a contributor to our season this year, simply a September call up. After what I saw this weekend, both physically and skills, that is not a stretch. It'll be 2011 or 2012 before he is a regular but I fully thinks he gets his September cuf of coffee in 2010.

I'm not trying to compare Jared to Tyler Flowers or anybody else. I bring up Flowers because I believe that is the type of trip to the big leagues I think he will get. It'll be a taste of the show and not big expectations to be on roster coming out of spring training in 2011. Just like Tyler Flowers. Mitchell has a body of a guy who I could see growing into a corner outfielder. Jordan Danks also looked more the size of a corner outfielder than a CF.

And let's be realistic, in seeing Jared Mitchell for only 2 games in early spring training there is no argument that I will be able to provide you to make you think he would get a September call up if you already think otherwise.

I love how Kenny went out and got Jared Mitchell on the high ceiling. I hope he continues to do that with many of his position draft choices.