Thread: Keith Law
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2010, 11:01 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lip Man 1 View Post
Keith Law for years has bashed anything to do with the White Sox in part, because they subscribe to the belief that minor league players are basically there for one reason and one reason only, to be used in trades for established major league performers. That doesn't suit his personal philosophy.

I have no issues with the Sox philosophy given the odds of any minor league player spending even one day in the big leagues let alone become an impact player.

Gordon Beckham is a once in a generation player, the others may or probably won't even take one pitch in the big leagues.

I'd trade the entire farm system every day and twice on Sunday to get guys who have actually established themselves and accomplished something in the hardest league in the world.

Lip
Gordon Beckham is a once in a generation player because of the way we run our team. Plenty of other squads bring stars and ROY candidates to the majors quite often. Two of those teams finished ahead of us in the division last year.

I don't subscribe to the all prospect philosophy of Keith Law, but the opposite end of the spectrum is just as nuts.