Thread: Brent Morel?
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2009, 02:11 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by cws05champ View Post
David Wright's stat's from the AFL in 2003:

.341/.427/.489 with two HRs and seven doubles in 88 ABs. He walked more often than he struck out (10-13 K/BB ratio). But he was also only 20 yrs old at the time whereas Morel is 22. Seems like a small difference in age but means a lot more to scouts when a player dominates a level at a younger age. I think Wright is a stretch comparison but we can hope!!! If he does turn out to be that lets hope we hold onto him.

Edit: Also, just noticed that Morel led the league in hitting and Danks led in Runs. Pretty cool!!
BTW, I'm not saying that Morel is going to be as good as David Wright. But, by comparing his stats and the similiarities that they have in the minors so far, I think Morel has a chance to be a pretty darn good player. Wright puts up some of the best stats at his position in all of baseball. It would be hard for anyone to match. HOWEVER, if he hits 5 less HR and 20 less RBI's, but matches his high average and SB, he'd probably be an exceptional MLB player!

Who would be dissapointed with 15 HR, 80 RBI, 25 SB, .280-.300 AVE from our 3B position, with above average defense????