View Single Post
Old 10-30-2008, 11:02 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMachine10 View Post
I would imagine they're breeding him for a 2010 arrival. I also think he'll spend his time at 2nd or even 3rd depending on how the club rounds out.

Edit: In fact, Beckham played 2b in yesterday's AFL game. I've been rather busy lately, so I can't tell you if he's been playing there the whole time.
Which is only because he was added to the team too late due to his late signing for the Sox to ask for a "priority" spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoky44 View Post
I always get the feeling that our most people think our high draft picks are going to turn into great players and be good right from the start ala Evan Longoria, Ryan Howard, Frank Thomas, etc. It is great to see optimism about future players. I guess I just am either more negative or realistic, hopefully not the latter.

I just have a feeling this guy will be no better than Josh Fields, and hopefully better than Joe Borchard. I need it to be proven to me before I get excited, too many disappointments in the past.

I hope I am wrong and this guy turns in Alexei or TCQ.
I'd be more optimistic than not about Gordon. Hasn't been overwhelmed and is coming off one of the best NCAA seasons in recent memory: .411/.519/.804 with 28 HR (in the SEC!). For a shortstop that's pretty fantastic. 54/30 BB/K ratio. Yikes.

Fields was good in college, but never THAT good.