Thread: 9/1 Games
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2008, 11:06 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by UofCSoxFan View Post
I'm not joking at all. I think its a joke the Oney is in this organization to begin with, let along being promoted to AAA, even for the last day of the year. This is pro baseball. This isn't feel good everyone get's a trophy ball.

In the grand scheme of things it really doesn't matter, you're right. But no one seems to care what kind of message this sends to everyone else in the organization that is looking to move up.

If I was a player in AA I'd be pretty pissed about this as I patiently wait my chance while Oney ".182" Guillen gets rewarded with a prmotion. The minor leagues should be a meritocracy....this nepotism bull**** has no place.

So yes I'm serious. It pisses me off when underserving people get rewarded becuase of who they know, or for other rasons than their actual skill set. It happens all the time in life so people seem immune to it....doesn't make it right though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adele H
among others were late-round picks. 6th round where KW's son was taken? PLenty of good major leaguers came from that over the years, I am just too lazy to look it up.
Kenny Williams Jr. was also projected as a 9th round pick.

I just don't get all this whining. Yeah, there's a chance we could have gotten a good player there, but the chance was slim to none. All the continued whining over that pick is annoying as hell. I know we had a Hall of Famer all but wrapped up there, but let it go.