Thread: 9/1 Games
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2008, 04:49 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by UofCSoxFan View Post
Jared Washborn out of Wisconsin Oshkosh was either completely undrafted or drafted late as well. Again, I don't really mind the courtousy pick late...but the fact that he is still in the system after 2 years (and is progressing no less) is a different story to me.

It's somewhat ironic that you mention Piazza, since he was drafted as a favor to Tommy LaSorda (who was his godfather). The story goes that Piazza never caught before entering the Dodgers minor league system, but he said he had catching experiance, knowing that being a backup catcher was really his only chance to stick. Of course he made the most out of his gift opportunity (hitting above .182 I would assume) and went on to become the best offesnive catcher of all time.
ALBERT PUJOLS. 13th round selection for the Cardinals in 1999. This drafting in MLB is not an exact science but you think the manager and GM would know if their kids have the talent to make it to the bigs or at least be an organizatinal depth player. I don't know their true thoughts on their kids, but I have my own opinion....which pretty much echos everyone here.

H2H1 Champion 2011, 2012
Dynasty Runner up 2012