Thread: 9/1 Games
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2008, 03:02 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by oeo View Post
Are you seriously bitching about this, or is this a joke?
I'm not joking at all. I think its a joke the Oney is in this organization to begin with, let along being promoted to AAA, even for the last day of the year. This is pro baseball. This isn't feel good everyone get's a trophy ball.

In the grand scheme of things it really doesn't matter, you're right. But no one seems to care what kind of message this sends to everyone else in the organization that is looking to move up.

If I was a player in AA I'd be pretty pissed about this as I patiently wait my chance while Oney ".182" Guillen gets rewarded with a prmotion. The minor leagues should be a meritocracy....this nepotism bull**** has no place.

So yes I'm serious. It pisses me off when underserving people get rewarded becuase of who they know, or for other rasons than their actual skill set. It happens all the time in life so people seem immune to it....doesn't make it right though.

Shoeless Joe Jackson: The first two were high and tight, so where do you think the next one's gonna be?
Archie Graham: Well, either low and away, or in my ear.
Shoeless Joe Jackson: He's not gonna wanna load the bases, so look low and away.
Archie Graham: Right.
Shoeless Joe Jackson: But watch out for in your ear.