PDA

View Full Version : Nick Swisher on Chicago Tribune Live

chisoxfanatic
04-14-2008, 06:21 PM
Just a few minutes ago, Swisher was on CTL, and I must say that it seems Swish is one of the loosest players I've ever seen. A little recap of what he said:

He had dinner with some former teammates last night.
He is thankful for the support Sox fans have shown so far even through some pretty horrible weather.
Says he's thankful to be put in a situation with a bunch of great guys he referred to as the "White Sox Family" (that is such a great thing to hear, as chemistry is one of the most important aspects of the game)
Says Toby Hall (or, as he referred to him as T-Dog) started the whole facial hair trend, and then it spreed to Jenks, and then to himself.
Is afraid of the dark.
He visited local hospitals today delivering Sox blankets to babies.With each passing day, I'm growing to like this trade more and more. Swisher's the definition of "team player."

Sox
04-14-2008, 06:28 PM
Just a few minutes ago, Swisher was on CTL, and I must say that it seems Swish is one of the loosest players I've ever seen. A little recap of what he said:

He had dinner with some former teammates last night.
He is thankful for the support Sox fans have shown so far even through some pretty horrible weather.
Says he's thankful to be put in a situation with a bunch of great guys he referred to as the "White Sox Family" (that is such a great thing to hear, as chemistry is one of the most important aspects of the game)
Says Toby Hall (or, as he referred to him as T-Dog) started the whole facial hair trend, and then it spreed to Jenks, and then to himself.
Is afraid of the dark.
He visited local hospitals today delivering Sox blankets to babies.With each passing day, I'm growing to like this trade more and more. Swisher's the definition of "team player."

It's good to hear stories like this as opposed to the downside of baseball with all the rampant steroid use that been going on. It's a shame that there are not more stories like this.:bandance:

PicktoCLick72
04-14-2008, 06:35 PM
Dave Kaplan needs to be fired immediately. I cannot stand him.

doublem23
04-14-2008, 06:53 PM
I don't know if this is the same interview (probably is) that they're airing on Sportsnite right now, but he also said he'd like to get himself on one of the statues out on the concourse.

That would be nice. :cool:

chisoxfanatic
04-14-2008, 07:01 PM
I don't know if this is the same interview (probably is) that they're airing on Sportsnite right now, but he also said he'd like to get himself on one of the statues out on the concourse.

That would be nice. :cool:

It's not the same interview. I guess tonight's "All Swisher, all the time!" night or something!