PDA

View Full Version : New U. S. Cellular Food Reviews

ws05champs
04-14-2008, 07:18 PM
On Friday, I tried the "Texas style" BBQ brisket sandwich. While as a sandwich it was good, it was a far cry from authentic Texas BBQ. On the plus side the meat was very tender. Unfortunately it lacked any taste of hickory smoke. In addition the beef was swimming in sauce (authentic Texas BBQ is served with the sauce on the side). The meat was sliced too thinly and there was so much sauce on the sandwich, it was incredibly messy. I had to go to the washroom holding my hands out in front of me so I did not get sauce all over myself. I suppose if you want something new, it is okay - just don't expect anything close to "authentic Texas BBQ."

In order to add the BBQ it seems like they eliminated the Italian beef. This is too bad because it was a decent Italian beef. But even worse IMHO, the spicy chicken sandwich is gone.:angry:

Has anyone tried the Greek sausage? If so, what's it like?

How about the "Super Comiskey" hot dog? Is it worth the price of nearly 2 jumbo Kosher dogs?

chisoxfanatic
04-14-2008, 07:24 PM
I don't know, but I did have a cheeseburger, fries and some pop Monday, which did not agree with my stomach at all.

I'll be having a churro at tomorrow afternoon's game.

btrain929
04-14-2008, 07:26 PM
On Friday, I tried the "Texas style" BBQ brisket sandwich. While as a sandwich it was good, it was a far cry from authentic Texas BBQ. On the plus side the meat was very tender. Unfortunately it lacked any taste of hickory smoke. In addition the beef was swimming in sauce (authentic Texas BBQ is served with the sauce on the side). The meat was sliced too thinly and there was so much sauce on the sandwich, it was incredibly messy. I had to go to the washroom holding my hands out in front of me so I did not get sauce all over myself. I suppose if you want something new, it is okay - just don't expect anything close to "authentic Texas BBQ."

In order to add the BBQ it seems like they eliminated the Italian beef. This is too bad because it was a decent Italian beef. But even worse IMHO, the spicy chicken sandwich is gone.:angry:

How about the "Super Comiskey" hot dog? Is it worth the price of nearly 2 jumbo Kosher dogs?

Are those Super Comiskey dogs only found at certain concession stands? Is there only 1 cart with them? I was too lazy to look for them Fri and Sat, since I knew if I left, when I came back my seat would be wet again from the constant rain :angry:

whitesoxwilkes
04-14-2008, 07:27 PM
The Greek sausage is right behind my section. May give it a whirl next time I am at a game. It sure looks good.

Unrelated, but related: I went to get my first Super Taco of the season behind 110 yesterday in the sixth. The woman there told me they only had one left and couldn't make any more. I bought the one and it was kinda stale..not a good way to start off the season from a culinary perspective. :angryfire :angryfire :rolleyes

chisoxfanatic
04-14-2008, 07:28 PM
Unrelated, but related: I went to get my first Super Taco of the season behind 110 yesterday in the sixth.
Are they like the beef tacos at the United Center? Those are amazing!

Domeshot17
04-14-2008, 07:33 PM
STAY AWAY FROM THE SUPER COMISKEY DOG!

Its location at 1 stand in RF, little tiny stand.

They give you a footlong box

The Super Comiskey Dog is about 8-9 inches long, not a footlong

It cost 8.50

It is smothered in relish, with a tiny bit of Chopped Onion and Tomato

worst of all, its thinner then a non kosher dog.

My advice is just get 2 kosher dogs, much more meat, better, and you do not feel like you are eating all bun

EMachine10
04-14-2008, 07:35 PM
STAY AWAY FROM THE SUPER COMISKEY DOG!

Its location at 1 stand in RF, little tiny stand.

They give you a footlong box

The Super Comiskey Dog is about 8-9 inches long, not a footlong

It cost 8.50

It is smothered in relish, with a tiny bit of Chopped Onion and Tomato

worst of all, its thinner then a non kosher dog.

My advice is just get 2 kosher dogs, much more meat, better, and you do not feel like you are eating all bun

Something to keep in mind, thanks!

chisoxfan83
04-14-2008, 07:53 PM
Anyone notice that they removed the steak pita cart that used to be by section 150? I was able to find one on the first bast side by section 110. Does anyone know if they moved it? I couldn't seem to find it on the 3rd base side.

ws05champs
04-14-2008, 07:59 PM
I don't know, but I did have a cheeseburger, fries and some pop Monday, which did not agree with my stomach at all.

Mrs. ws05champs had a funnel cake on Monday and was sick for 2 days. Don't know if that was the cause but we couldn't figure what else could have caused it.

I went to get my first Super Taco of the season behind 110 yesterday in the sixth. The woman there told me they only had one left and couldn't make any more. I bought the one and it was kinda stale..not a good way to start off the season from a culinary perspective. :angryfire :angryfire :rolleyes

I tried the Super Taco last year and thought it was good and it agreed with me okay. Since I am in the UD I didn't think it was good enough to make a special trip down to the lower deck to try it again. How can they have stale tacos so early in the season?

twentywontowin
04-14-2008, 08:03 PM
Greek sausage is terrible, and this is coming from a Greek.

rocky biddle
04-14-2008, 08:07 PM
I think I have tix in the Jim Beam Club tomorrow. I will be happy to report back about the quality of the various foods I gorge myself with. :D:

chisoxfanatic
04-14-2008, 08:11 PM
Mrs. ws05champs had a funnel cake on Monday and was sick for 2 days. Don't know if that was the cause but we couldn't figure what else could have caused it.
Does she not eat that kind of food often? I think I was sick because I don't usually eat cheeseburgers I don't cook myself.

Dibbs
04-14-2008, 08:14 PM
I wasn't too happy when I noticed there is no longer a spicy chicken sandwich. Dibbs likes his chicken spicy. No more Italian Beef either? :angry:

I am all for adding new selections, but don't take stuff away.

soxfan1983
04-14-2008, 08:18 PM
this is a baseball game folks, not a food show... all you need is a hot dog and a beer. my kosher hot dogs on monday and friday were amazing by the way... the beer was just as good :gulp:

4th Gen. Sox Fan
04-14-2008, 08:18 PM
I think I have tix in the Jim Beam Club tomorrow. I will be happy to report back about the quality of the various foods I gorge myself with. :D:
I sat up there for a game last August, I recommend getting there at 5:30, they had the best turkey I've had along with prime rib all you could eat until the second inning. For one game it is worth the money.

chisoxfanatic
04-14-2008, 08:20 PM
this is a baseball game folks, not a food show... all you need is a hot dog and a beer. my kosher hot dogs on monday and friday were amazing by the way... the beer was just as good :gulp:

You should've seen the people in my section a few rows down. They brought large bags of potato chips, Subway sandwiches, wrapped cookies, and bananas to the game!

whitesoxwilkes
04-14-2008, 08:26 PM
Are they like the beef tacos at the United Center? Those are amazing!

Soft shell, seasoned beef, lettuce, cheese?

I rarely go to the United Center so I haven't eaten much there.

KRS1
04-14-2008, 08:31 PM
Does she not eat that kind of food often? I think I was sick because I don't usually eat cheeseburgers I don't cook myself.

I was going to say that could very well be the cause. I NEVER eat fried or greasy foods, but I decided to get a Monte Cristo sandwich the other day, and I spent about 48 hours recovering from it. My stomach just doesn't handle stuff like that well at all since I never eat it, even overly sweet muffins get to me. Kind of says something about how people condition themselves to eat food that isn't supposed to be going into their bodies.

rocky biddle
04-14-2008, 08:40 PM
I sat up there for a game last August, I recommend getting there at 5:30, they had the best turkey I've had along with prime rib all you could eat until the second inning. For one game it is worth the money.

I sat up there for Buehrle's no hitter last season. I'll definitely be getting there as early as possible tomorrow afternoon.

skobabe8
04-14-2008, 08:42 PM
Theres a Comiskey Dog area of the concession stand around my section, 538. Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately) I got in the wrong line and got all the way to the front only to be told I was 1 line too far over. I settled for a regular Kosher, which was good although at room temperature.

Im really curious about this rumor of a pulled buffalo chicken sandwhich...anyone seen these? Sounds interesting.

I think the food in general needs to be improved. Other ballparks seem to be passing us by when for a long time our food was supposed to be some of the best.

Jurr
04-14-2008, 09:25 PM
My buddy is the USCF purchasing manager for Levy Restaurants. He took me to the different store rooms to show me just how much stuff they have to order for a homestand. It's ridiculous. Anyway, we go to the kitchen, where the hobby for the hour was getting sandwiches ready for the opener (which was the next day). Anyway, I see this guy walk by with this ENORMOUS hot dog. I thought it was a gag of some sort. They actually have a hot dog that's over a pound and two feet long! Amazing.

FourStarsTwoBars
04-14-2008, 09:35 PM
Was it ever an option to get kraut with the Polish sausage?
Yesterday the only dressing offered was onions.

ChiSoxGirl
04-14-2008, 09:53 PM

I wasn't too happy when I noticed there is no longer a spicy chicken sandwich. Dibbs likes his chicken spicy. No more Italian Beef either? :angry:

I am all for adding new selections, but don't take stuff away.

This isn't true. You can still get an Italian Beef sandwich in the Bullpen Bar- my dad had one on Friday night and he gave it rave reviews. :thumbsup:

NardiWasHere
04-14-2008, 10:12 PM
Greek sausage is terrible, and this is coming from a Greek.

Is it supposed to be like a loukaniko?

NSSoxFan
04-14-2008, 10:15 PM

Prepi nane. It has to be. If it's 'true' Greek sausage, that is.

twentywontowin
04-14-2008, 11:28 PM

I don't know if the sausage they have at USCF is indeed loukaniko or not, but I can't stand the stuff. I don't eat feta either. I'm a bad Greek.

Brian26
04-14-2008, 11:35 PM

Club Level offers kraut with the foot long polish.

Another new item by Levy this year on Club Level is the foot long sloppy-joe.

ws05champs
04-14-2008, 11:35 PM

This could be the case. It was the first game and she never eats greasy stuff like funnel cakes. Plus she didn't do spring training for the stuff (I have a cast iron stomach and funnel cakes even bother me). Yet she almost always buys one. And the people in our section get upset thinking that if she doesn't have her funnel cake, it could be a bad omen. So she took one for the team and I guess as far as the game went, it paid off.

You know without spicy chicken and Italian beef sandwiches (except in the Bull Pen Sports Bar). It may just come down to Kosher dogs - which isn't a bad thing - although in a pinch there is always Italian sausage and bratwurst.

RockJock07
04-14-2008, 11:41 PM
I was up in section 546 on Sunday and go to about 5 games a year, but I must say that the Brat stand that is up near section 530 was amazing. The 2 brats I had with grilled onions and peppers were great, I know it's hard to screw up a brat but they were very tasty.

This taco stand you guys are speaking of, is there one up on the 500 level cause I'm a big taco fan?

The beer needs to be a bit colder IMO, the vendor's beers were a tad on the warm side.

itsnotrequired
04-14-2008, 11:42 PM
Another new item by Levy this year on Club Level is the foot long sloppy-joe.

What purpose does this serve? All it does is keep us away from the metric system.

ws05champs
04-14-2008, 11:47 PM
This taco stand you guys are speaking of, is there one up on the 500 level cause I'm a big taco fan?

I believe the only one is in the lower deck near the right field corner.

grv1974
04-15-2008, 03:51 AM

Amen, brother, amen.

MrRoboto83
04-15-2008, 05:01 AM
The Cell needs a good coffee stand. The coffee at the ballpark is the worst coffee I have ever tasted. It would be nice to have a nice espresso, Latte or such to choose from. I had to sneak in a mug of coffee in my jacket on Sunday. The soft pretzels are also no good anymore, they are always hard and taste like cardboard. I would also be happy to rid the Cell of all Pepsi products.

soxfan21
04-15-2008, 07:18 AM
I didn't really mind the pulled pork sandwich. The BBQ sauce on it was pretty good, but nothing special. The super comiskey was pretty good IMO but was not worth the price. I would never again pay $8.50 for a hot dog even though it was "Chicago Style."

anewman35
04-15-2008, 11:52 AM
Anyone notice that they removed the steak pita cart that used to be by section 150? I was able to find one on the first bast side by section 110. Does anyone know if they moved it? I couldn't seem to find it on the 3rd base side.

There's a Steak Pita cart (with Greek Sausage, too) in the Upper Deck now, behind the plate (and I was very excited to see it). That's probably where it went.

twentywontowin
04-15-2008, 11:54 AM
The Cell needs a good coffee stand. The coffee at the ballpark is the worst coffee I have ever tasted. It would be nice to have a nice espresso, Latte or such to choose from. I had to sneak in a mug of coffee in my jacket on Sunday. The soft pretzels are also no good anymore, they are always hard and taste like cardboard. I would also be happy to rid the Cell of all Pepsi products.

I thought Dunkin Donuts supplied the coffee at USCF? Or was that just hot chocolate?

kninchicago
04-15-2008, 12:00 PM
Im really curious about this rumor of a pulled buffalo chicken sandwhich...anyone seen these? Sounds interesting.

:o::o::o: Wow I'd eat that for sure

hxcxor
04-15-2008, 12:03 PM
I thought Dunkin Donuts supplied the coffee at USCF? Or was that just hot chocolate?

I think it's coffee as well. Or at least it comes in Dunkin Donuts cups!

eriqjaffe
04-15-2008, 12:08 PM
This isn't true. You can still get an Italian Beef sandwich in the Bullpen BarMy dad & uncle got Italian Beefs at whatever the big stand is by section 121. I got an Italian Sausage, which I didn't really enjoy - it came covered in marinara sauce, which I wasn't expecting, and don't particularly enjoy on sandwiches.

The best part about my dad getting the beef is that he ordered it with peppers, expecting them to be sweet peppers. Watching his eyes tear up and his face turn red while he said, "you know...these aren't sweet peppers..." was pretty good comedy.

Jurr
04-15-2008, 12:14 PM
This isn't true. You can still get an Italian Beef sandwich in the Bullpen Bar- my dad had one on Friday night and he gave it rave reviews. :thumbsup:
Hell yeah, you can. I had one the other day and it blew my mind.

Jerko
04-15-2008, 12:17 PM
My dad & uncle got Italian Beefs at whatever the big stand is by section 121. I got an Italian Sausage, which I didn't really enjoy - it came covered in marinara sauce, which I wasn't expecting, and don't particularly enjoy on sandwiches.

The best part about my dad getting the beef is that he ordered it with peppers, expecting them to be sweet peppers. Watching his eyes tear up and his face turn red while he said, "you know...these aren't sweet peppers..." was pretty good comedy.

Do they still serve the Sausage on a hot dog bun? They should use the same buns they use for the beef sammys (hot dog buns get way too soggy)

UofCSoxFan
04-15-2008, 12:26 PM
I noticed at the Brat and Itallian Sausage Stand they allowed for grilled onions, kraut like last year but new I believe was marinara sause for the Italian Sausage and they had Deli Mustard in addition to Yellow.

salty99
04-15-2008, 12:50 PM
I noticed at the Brat and Itallian Sausage Stand they allowed for grilled onions, kraut like last year but new I believe was marinara sause for the Italian Sausage and they had Deli Mustard in addition to Yellow.

Marinara sauce was available last year as well.

skottyj242
04-15-2008, 12:55 PM
Soft shell, seasoned beef, lettuce, cheese?

I rarely go to the United Center so I haven't eaten much there.

Don't forget the cup of sodium added.

skottyj242
04-15-2008, 12:57 PM
Has anyone had the real footlongs they sell in the 300 level? They are I think ten bucks but they're about the size of three koshers long and that thick too. They also have the huge Polish as well. They then have a little bar where you can dress them yourself. They are fantastic.

skottyj242
04-15-2008, 12:58 PM
I didn't really mind the pulled pork sandwich. The BBQ sauce on it was pretty good, but nothing special. The super comiskey was pretty good IMO but was not worth the price. I would never again pay $8.50 for a hot dog even though it was "Chicago Style."

Chicago Style means everything with extra ketchup right?

btrain929
04-15-2008, 01:40 PM

I thought true Chicago Style didn't have ketchup on it (I'm a big ketchup lover, so that's why I never get Chicago Style).

Mohoney
04-15-2008, 01:53 PM
Yesterday the only dressing offered was onions.

I know that the stands that sell Bratwurst and Italian Sausage have kraut. Maybe next time you can ask them to throw some on your Polish for you.

skottyj242
04-15-2008, 01:59 PM
I know that the stands that sell Bratwurst and Italian Sausage have kraut. Maybe next time you can ask them to throw some on your Polish for you.

Cabbage on a polish? No gracias.

hi im skot
04-15-2008, 02:07 PM

:dtroll:

:D:

BTFU
04-15-2008, 02:39 PM

Wow.... just wow

you should be ashamed

http://www.normschicagostyledogs.com/images/vdog.jpg

eriqjaffe
04-15-2008, 02:42 PM
Do they still serve the Sausage on a hot dog bun? They should use the same buns they use for the beef sammys (hot dog buns get way too soggy)Mine was on the sammy bread. Still really soggy, though.

grv1974
04-15-2008, 02:44 PM
My dad & uncle got Italian Beefs at whatever the big stand is by section 121. I got an Italian Sausage, which I didn't really enjoy - it came covered in marinara sauce, which I wasn't expecting, and don't particularly enjoy on sandwiches.

Yeah, that store-bought Hillshire Farm italian sausage they use isn't the greatest.

skobabe8
04-15-2008, 04:40 PM

:stirpot:

skotty always knows what to say to get the masses riled up. :D:

Foulke You
04-15-2008, 05:13 PM
As a fellow slave to the java bean, I concur with you MrRoboto that the coffee at Comiskey is some of the worst around. They serve it in Dunkin Donuts cups but it most certainly is NOT Dunkin Donuts coffee. If it is really DD coffee grounds, then they are brewing it with dirty filters or something because it tastes like Chicago River water that was filtered through a dirty sock. I am not a coffee snob either. I have pretty low standards for coffee (a cup from the Mobil station is just as good as Starbucks to me) but the stuff at our ballpark is pretty undrinkable. The good news is that they opened a Starbucks on 35th st right near the Green Line Bronzeville stop so I can get my caffeine hit on the way back to the train now. :cool:

rocky biddle
04-15-2008, 06:11 PM
Wow.... just wow

you should be ashamed

I believe he was joking. There was a monster 'no ketchup on hot dogs' thread a while back. It got embarrassingnly heated.

ws05champs
04-15-2008, 06:17 PM
Just got back from the game today. I found Italian beef at the "Hitman" stand across from secton 544. :smile: Plus you can get it with hot giardiniera.:bandance::bandance: I guess it got moved there to make room in the cart for the "BBQ."

ws05champs
04-15-2008, 06:19 PM
I believe he was joking. There was a monster 'no ketchup on hot dogs' thread a while back. It got embarrassingnly heated.Discussing ketchup on a hot dog should be treated the same as discussing religion or politics.

slowlearner
04-15-2008, 06:33 PM
They serve it in Dunkin Donuts cups but it most certainly is NOT Dunkin Donuts coffee. If it is really DD coffee grounds, then they are brewing it with dirty filters or something because it tastes like Chicago River water that was filtered through a dirty sock.

I agree completely. I honestly can't figure out why they haven't upgraded this part of the concessions. I'm not looking for the best cup of coffee I will ever drink (though I certainly wouldn't complain), but they can at least sell something palatable. Right now it's god-awful.

Metalthrasher442
04-15-2008, 06:42 PM
This is making me extremely hungry.

I can't wait to go to my first game and get my standard two dogs, one churro, and pretzel with cheese =]

It's gunna be sweet!!

soxfan21
04-15-2008, 07:57 PM

You know it. Actually, they almost forgot to put on the celary salt, but right when the lady there handed me the dog she took it back and put it on.

ksimpson14
04-15-2008, 08:08 PM
Elotes is probably one of my favorite stands. I now always eat corn this way, instead of that redneck 'on the cob' method. I hope they kept them, I think they were on the 3rd base side (closer to home) of both levels last year.

Price range for brisket sandwich?

soxfan21
04-15-2008, 08:09 PM
Elotes is probably one of my favorite stands. I now always eat corn this way, instead of that redneck 'on the cob' method. I hope they kept them, I think they were on the 3rd base side (closer to home) of both levels last year.

It was $6.50 for the pulled pork sandwich and a bag of chips, I think it was the same for the brisket but am not 100% on this.

MrRoboto83
04-15-2008, 08:20 PM
As a fellow slave to the java bean, I concur with you MrRoboto that the coffee at Comiskey is some of the worst around. They serve it in Dunkin Donuts cups but it most certainly is NOT Dunkin Donuts coffee. If it is really DD coffee grounds, then they are brewing it with dirty filters or something because it tastes like Chicago River water that was filtered through a dirty sock. I am not a coffee snob either. I have pretty low standards for coffee (a cup from the Mobil station is just as good as Starbucks to me) but the stuff at our ballpark is pretty undrinkable. The good news is that they opened a Starbucks on 35th st right near the Green Line Bronzeville stop so I can get my caffeine hit on the way back to the train now. :cool:

I agree completely with you on the discription of the taste of this "coffee" at the Cell. I have had bad coffee in my day, but this is truely a unique bad coffee, Im not sure if it can even be classified as coffee. I will just have to continue to smuggle coffee into the ballpark, and if I burn myself in the process, well then the Sox may have a law suit on their hands.:tongue:

Irishsox1
04-15-2008, 08:28 PM
Other than Hot Dogs, pretzels, churros, soda and beer, I stopped getting the food at the Cell. There's only so many times that I can get cruddy overpriced food that leaves me with a stomach ache for 2 days.

Either I'll eat before or I pack food and bring it in. Mostly subs, chips and maybe a cookies.

cheezheadsoxfan
04-15-2008, 08:55 PM

I with you. The coffee is warm, coffee flavored water, I was just cold enough to drink it. Hell, 7-11 coffee would be good. Would love to see Coke products also.

chisoxfanatic
04-15-2008, 08:56 PM
Today, I had the helmet sundae, and that is by far my favorite concession to get at Comiskey. Sundaes in general are incredibly tasty!

roylestillman
04-15-2008, 11:22 PM

Yep, it was $6.50 for the brisket and chips. Had my first one today. Very nice, (not Smoque quality but good) quality bun and a nice old lady serving it up.

Your Elotes stand has returned, it seems as though its closer to home plate than last year.

The Beef and Corn Beef stand over around Section 109 has a major change, You get a bag of chips rather than than the huge mound you used to get. Still can't figure out why they don't upgrade the bread at that stand.

Frontman
04-16-2008, 12:26 AM
Had my first brat at the Home Opener, and they're still my favorites.

Gotta love a brat, a brew, and the Sox!

ksimpson14
04-16-2008, 12:48 AM
It was $6.50 for the pulled pork sandwich and a bag of chips, I think it was the same for the brisket but am not 100% on this.

Yep, it was $6.50 for the brisket and chips. Had my first one today. Very nice, (not Smoque quality but good) quality bun and a nice old lady serving it up.

Your Elotes stand has returned, it seems as though its closer to home plate than last year

Thanks! Also good to hear elotes are here to stay :D:

ws05champs
04-16-2008, 01:33 AM
Other than Hot Dogs, pretzels, churros, soda and beer, I stopped getting the food at the Cell. There's only so many times that I can get cruddy overpriced food that leaves me with a stomach ache for 2 days.

Either I'll eat before or I pack food and bring it in. Mostly subs, chips and maybe a cookies.

As an alternative to eating at the park, I'll often stop at Maxwell Street Station to pick up a pork chop sandwich - very reasonably priced.

Also sometimes I'll call Connies from home, pick up an individual pizza on the way to the game and bring it into the park. The pizza usually stays warm by the time I get there and even if it cools, cold pizza is okay with me too. Plus I get to use the coupons I got the game before.

asg2003ws2005
04-16-2008, 09:18 AM
greek sausage is pretty much gyro meat in sausage form. tasty yet you know it's super unhealthy

skottyj242
04-16-2008, 09:34 AM
greek sausage is pretty much gyro meat in sausage form. tasty yet you know it's super unhealthy

I am very interested. Do they have cucumber sauce?

300bowler
04-16-2008, 09:54 AM

I agree with you '83 Sox.:gulp: MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM Beer. -Homer Simpson

asg2003ws2005
04-16-2008, 11:22 AM
I am very interested. Do they have cucumber sauce?yes.
green peppers and onions as well

oh, and $6. not really worth $6, but still tasty

TomBradley72
04-16-2008, 11:39 AM
Every stop I made yesterday was frustrating, food was mediocre, concession stands out of napkins (in the 1st inning), bathrooms out or paper towels(completely) in the 3rd inning....they seem be sliding backwards in terms of quality and service.

Scottzilla
04-16-2008, 12:05 PM
I have never had a churro. are they good?

kobo
04-16-2008, 12:16 PM
Has anyone had the real footlongs they sell in the 300 level? They are I think ten bucks but they're about the size of three koshers long and that thick too. They also have the huge Polish as well. They then have a little bar where you can dress them yourself. They are fantastic.
They also sell a 2 foot long hot dog in the 300 level for $14. For another $2 you can get it covered in chili and cheese. One of the guys in the row in front of my Dad and I on Opening Day got one of those. He came back carrying it in a cardboard tote. This thing was huge and messy. I wish I had taken a picture!

Mr.1Dog
04-16-2008, 12:19 PM
I have never had a churro. are they good?

:thud:

Jerko
04-16-2008, 12:26 PM
Every stop I made yesterday was frustrating, food was mediocre, concession stands out of napkins (in the 1st inning), bathrooms out or paper towels(completely) in the 3rd inning....they seem be sliding backwards in terms of quality and service.

Typical small crowd accomodations. Plus, I wonder how many workers left early to hit Wrigley?

lths06
04-16-2008, 02:50 PM
Beltin' Bill's Brats and a churro is all I need when I go to a game :wink:

TomBradley72
04-16-2008, 07:11 PM
Typical small crowd accomodations. Plus, I wonder how many workers left early to hit Wrigley?

That's what I figured...but I've attended "small crowd" games at PNC Park, Comerica Park, Miller Park and Jacobs Field...never experienced anything like that. It's not a big issue...but with the great attendance they've had for the last three years...the quality seems to be degrading vs. going the other way.

ws05champs
04-16-2008, 07:34 PM
I have never had a churro. are they good?No matter what's been said about simply needing a Kosher and a beer, I also must have a churro (chocolate are the best followed by vanilla, not so much for the strawberry).