PDA

View Full Version : Question on Jerry Manuel

Viva Magglio
04-28-2002, 09:27 PM
If we fail to make the playoffs, and key players DON'T sustain injuries making our team less competitive, should Jerry Manuel keep his job?

BuehrleACE56
04-28-2002, 09:40 PM
If we don't make the playoffs (barring injuries) Jerry should be gone. Period. Send Nardi, Ward, and most everyone else with too.

baggio202
04-28-2002, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
If we fail to make the playoffs, and key players DON'T sustain injuries making our team less competitive, should Jerry Manuel keep his job?

i vote no on the poll...because kenny williams put this team together...if they dont perform he goes first..if williams is gone..then i would look at manuel and the job he has done...but not until...

williams took over a 95 win team with a 40 million dollar budget and the waht baseballamerica rated the very best farm system in baseball....you couldnt ask for a better opportunity...if we fail to make the playoffs two years in a row after that..he has to go

Daver
04-28-2002, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by baggio202

i vote no on the poll...because kenny williams put this team together...if they dont perform he goes first..if williams is gone..then i would look at manuel and the job he has done...but not until...

williams took over a 95 win team with a 40 million dollar budget and the waht baseballamerica rated the very best farm system in baseball....you couldnt ask for a better opportunity...if we fail to make the playoffs two years in a row after that..he has to go

Kenny Williams built that Minor League system.............

CerberusWG
04-28-2002, 09:57 PM
williams took over a 95 win team with a 40 million dollar budget

Try 60 million.

RedPinStripes
04-28-2002, 10:10 PM

I vote completly opposite dude. Dump Manuel, Nardi, Ward, and then look at other problems. KW is going no where for a while.

Jerry_Manuel
04-29-2002, 07:02 AM
williams took over a 95 win team with a 40 million dollar budget and the whatt baseball america rated the very best farm system in baseball....you couldnt ask for a better opportunity...if we fail to make the playoffs two years in a row after that..he has to go

There's a few problems here.

Williams knew he wasn't getting another career year out of Eldred, Baldwin, Perry, and you had a hurt Sirotka. Those players were a big key to why the team won in 2000. Then all the other pitching injuries came and it made matters worse.

The first person to be fired out of Williams/Manuel would be Manuel.